Memorandum of Understanding
Over the last year, the Lancaster County Workforce Investment Board and the Lancaster County Commissioners have substantially changed the relationship between the entities with the Board taking on the responsibility for the fiscal management of the system as well as its continuing programmatic duties.
With this letter, we seek to clarify for the sake of the entities that fund our efforts to provide employment and training services for the people of Lancaster County the details of our relationship.
As provided under 20 CFR Part 652 661.300 (a) of the regulations governing the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1999, the members of the local Workforce Investment Board are appointed by the County Commissioners (chief elected officials) in accordance with State criteria established under WIA Section 117(c)(2).
In addition, the County Commissioners defer the following to the Workforce Investment Board...
- Policy related to the portion of the Statewide system within Lancaster County;
- The selection and certification of One-Stop operators;
- Results of negotiations on local performance measures;
- Appointment of the Youth Council as well as the youth plans and activities that come out of the work of the Council.
Regularly, the Workforce Investment Board will inform the Commissioners on actions taken under this category. This will be accomplished through an annual report to the Commissioners at a regular meeting of the Commissioners during the first quarter of each program year, which begins in July.
Also, the Commissioners delegate to the Board...
- Development and implementation of a budget for the purpose of carrying out the duties of the Board;
- Oversight of the One-Stop system, youth activities, and employment and training activities for the area;
- Development of the Local Plan and its implementation as described in WIA section 117 (d) as well as performing the functions enumerated in the same section.
Annually, the Workforce Investment Board will provide a copy of the audit report of the organization to the Lancaster County Controller for the record.
This Agreement becomes effective on July 1, 2012 and continues until either the Board or the Commissioners wish to revise or terminate the Agreement with ninety (90) days notice to the other party.
I have signed below in agreement to the terms on behalf the Workforce Investment Board and I ask that you and the other Commissioners indicate your approval with your signatures as well.Click here to see a signed copy of the MOU.